Sunday, February 6, 2011

DarkLoveStory Valentine's Day Challenge

I am hosting a challenge over at Scraps of Darkness for Valentine's Day. Here are some ot the basics.

Valentine's Day, most of us think of pretty boxed chocolate candies, pastel conversation hearts, the color pink and red. We also think of sweet love stories with the perfect ending where the girl gets the guy and they live happily after after...well not in this challenge.
In this challenge, I want to see non-traditional Valentine's Day colors. I am looking for those dark color layouts, highly distressed layouts, layouts with lots of inking subjects including Goth, Punk, and Emo, or styles like steampunk and industrial. This month tell me a Dark Love Story. I want you to use any love story in a movie, poem, book or any story that does not end with a perfect ending as a basis for your layout. The story does not need to be tragic, so I will leave the "Dark Love Story" up to your interpretation. Just remember to keep it dark. I want you to put a twist on something that is not normally dark.

Here are some ideas. These are the famous couples that quickly come to my head:

Cleopatra and Mark Antony
Heloise and Abelard
Ines de Castro and King Pedro
Queen Victoria and Prince Albert
Romeo and Juliet
Antony and Cleopatra
Sir Lancelot and Queen Guinevere
Tristan and Isolde
Orpheus and Eurydice
Napoleon and Josephine
Paolo and Francesca
Jack and Rose (Titanic)
Pyramus and Thisbe
Sam Wheat and Molley Jensen (Movie Ghost)
Prince Charles and Princess Diana
King Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn
Shah Jahan and Mumtaz Mahal
Forrest Gump and Jenny (ForrestGump)
Richard and Emmeline (Blue Lagoon)
Scarlett O'Hara and Rhett Butler
Noah and Allie in the Notebook
I could keep going on and on but I will stop.
Come over and join the challenge at Scraps of Darkness

No comments:

Post a Comment