Monday, February 14, 2011

"Ophelia's Woes" Used Scraps of Darkness Kit. Example also for JADs

This LO is for a couple challenges: " A Dark Heart" by Forevervampress and my challenge, "DarkLoveStory" Challenge. My theme of choice is Hamlet and Ophelia, from William Shakespeare's " Hamlet"
Background: I created this layout using this months kit from Scraps of Darkness "Telltale Heart"
This is the most amazing kit that I have ever used. It is full of stunning papers and the embellishments are just so awesome. http://www.scrapsofdarkness.com

I used a new technique Burning and sewing TYVEK. TYVEK is the soft durable plastic material used for making plastic envelopes. I plan to get a tutorial posted with the next week. Such a cool technique-if you love grundge and highly distressed LOs.
Here is the journaling in the exposed area in the right-hand corner:
Ophelia'd know your every woe
And pain you'd ever had
She'd sympathize
And dry your eyes
And help you to forget...

Ophelia's mind went wandering
You'd wonder where she'd gone
Through secret doors
Down corridors
She'd wander them alone
All alone...
Natalie Merchant-Love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment