Welcome to the Trick Or Treat Blog Hop
October 8-10, 2011
Jaime Echt - www.thecraftersworkshop.com
Sabrina Alery http://sabrinaalery.blogspot.com/
Julie Fei-Fan Balzer - http://www.balzerdesigns.typepad.com/
Charlotte Jenkins http://suepup.blogspot.com You are Here
Mary Dawn Quirindongo -
Karen Grunberg- http://www.karenika.com/
Jennifer Priest http://hydrangeahippo.blogspot.com
Jen Clark - http://mycraftyfriendjen.blogspot.com/
Daniela Dobson http://danieladobson.blogspot.com/
Receive extra entries in the Hop for following us on Twitter and Facebook and for tweeting or posting on Facebook about the Hop - just post here afterwards that you have followed us or posted about the Hop to increase your chances to win. Happy Hopping!!!
Hero Arts Leaf Detail Stamp
Bazzil Basics Line Lime Crush Card stock
Hot off the Press Border Stamp
CPS Blog Sketch by Tami Mayberry
- Cut a 12 X 12 piece of Bazzil Basics Lime Crush Cardstock down to 10"X10".
- Cut a 12X12 piece of Orange card stock paper down to 11X11 and set the paper aside.
- On the 10X10 piece of card stock, ink the Leafy Border Molding Mat using ColorBox Stephanie Barnard Spearmint Dye Ink and stamp on the cardstock.
- When dry, stamp and emboss leaves using Top Boss Verdigris Embossing Powder randomly over the entire piece of card stock.
- Tape the 6X6 Crafters Workshop Balzer Design Mini Tri Mosaic stencil down over the left upper corner of the 10X10 piece of cardstock. Using the ColorBox Stylus Circle Tip, place Top Boss Watermark Embossing Ink to the collage's surface. Apply the ink using a gentle pounding motion, holding the Stylus straight up and down. Do not use a stroking motion. This motion will keep the ink from seeping under the edges of the stencil. If your stencil seems to be lifting as you ink, use an awl or chopstick to hold the stencil down as you apply ink. Repeat this process on the lower right corner of the 10X10 piece of card stock.
- Tap the Stylus Tips blending tool on the Colorbox Stephanie Barnard Dye Ink Pad to pick up a small amount of ink. Now using the Stylus Tips blending tool, blend the Dye ink into the paper. Make sure you blend the embossed area with more pressure to apply more ink around the heat embossed area created in the last step. This will create a stark contrast between the embossed area, which will resist the Dye Ink, and the inked area of the page.
- Aggressively run a paper distressing tool over the edges of the 10X10 page. Once the edges have been distressed with the tool, ink the edges with Chianti Colorbox Pigment Ink Brush Pad.
- Glue the 10X10 card stock onto the 11X11 orange card stock.
- Aggressively run a paper distressing tool over the edges of the 11X11 page. Once the edges have been distressed with the tool, ink the edges with Chianti Colorbox Pigment Ink Brush Pad.
- Cut a 5"X4" piece orange coordinating paper. Stamp the Stylus Leafy Border Molding Mat with Top Boss Watermark ink vertically down the paper. Sprinkle the image with Top Boss Verdigris Embossing Powder and emboss powder. Adhere the the paper to the 10X10 page.
- Place a double matte on the photo and adhere to the 10X10 card stock. Offset the matted photo on the page.
- Place a piece of ribbon vertically on the piece you create above in the last step.
- Cut a piece of 9"X1" tan card stock. Using a flourish stamp, stamp a horizontal border on the strip, using ColorBox Stephanie Barnard Tangerine Dye Ink.
- Cut a 9 1/2"X1 1/2" piece of coordinating orange card stock. Adhere the tan piece of card stock onto the orange card stock
- Cut a 3 X 3 piece of tan card stock, ink a sentiment stamp using ColorBox Stephanie Barnard Spearmint Dye Ink and stamp on card stock. When dry, ink edges using Chalk Inks.
- Cut a 3 1/2X3 1/2 piece of orange cardstock. Adhere the piece you made above to the orange square. Adhere a yellow rhinestone to the left lower corner and upper right corner. Stamp a corner flourish and fussy cutout the image and adhere to the upper left corner of the photo.
- Cut a 21/2X 6" piece of tan paper, ink a leaf stamp with ColorBox Stephanie Barnard Spearmint Dye ink. Stamp the image on the tan paper. Ink a small leaf stamp with ColorBox Stephanie Barnard Tangerine Dye Ink and randomly stamp over the green leaves.
- Cut the piece above down to 4". Add an orange title. Ink the edges of the tan card stock, using chalk inks. Mat the title square with a coordinating orange piece of card stock and adhere to page.
- Using the 2' remnant from the piece above, stamp a sentiment and adhere behind the right corner of the photo.
- Place butterfly and glitter brads to the page.
- Adhere the 11X11 piece to a 12X12 piece of Bazzil Basic Lime Crush card stock.
- Aggressively run a paper distressing tool over the edges of the 12X12 page. Once the edges have been distressed with the tool, ink the edges with Chianti Colorbox Pigment Ink Brush Pad.
- Using a short sentiment stamp, ink the stamp with ColorBox Stephanie Barnard Tangerine Dye Ink and stamp the sentiment around the border of the 12X12 piece of card stock.