Saturday, July 24, 2010



This is based from my sketch 062710. I am continuing to use up my old papers. This is an old kit from Colorbok titled “Love”. I made the flowers from tissue paper and added a filigree brad to the center. The journaling on the page reads: “There's a blacktop road, a faded yellow centerline. It can take you back to the place, but it can't take you back in time...”
Lyrics: from Wyonna Judd “ Flies on the Butter”

The hidden journaling reads: “This road led from my grandparent's house to my
childhood home. As a child, my family traveled route 78 just about every weekend. Nearly, 14 years has passed since I traveled on this road. A couple weeks ago, I went home and ended traveling on this road. This journey brought back so many memories of my childhood. The barn in this picture is no longer standing as well as many other landmarks and houses on this route. I felt so sad traveling along this road, because no matter how much you dream or how long you follow the yellow centerline, it can take you back in place, but it can't take you back in time.”

No comments:

Post a Comment