Saturday, May 8, 2010

"Dark Lady"and "Savor" Burnt Glue and Candle technique






Here are a couple examples eith close-ups of this technique

This is a old techinque I used many year's ago. I am getting burned out of doing just plain paper layouts and need to try something creative and different. This is glue burning technique and candle wax. I started with a sheet of tissue paper. Applied tacky glue to the tissue paper and smeared over the surface. I next placed the glue over a candle over close and let the glue burn and bubble. I next started painting the surface with wax. Once the wax dried, I painted the surface with alcohol inks. When fused, I quickly passed a heat gun accross the surface. This creates a separation of ink and wax. I love the look of this, I wish you could see the separation better in the photo. I next keep building layers as described above, until I am satified with the wax and ink layers. I next added the tranfer rub ons, stamped quote and the metal elements fly. I then inked the edges and hightlighted areas with alcohol ink. Love doing this technique and will use it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment