Sunday, November 29, 2009

Flirting with Fourty



The title says it all. I am just a few years away from the big 40.

Turning 40 is going to be a big milestone. Some say the Big 4-0 is the entry to middle age, and one step closer to old age. But is it also not true that 40 is the new 30? As I approach my fortieth birthday, I have lived and experienced enough to learn from my mistakes, yet young enough to chart a new direction in my life. I am just so blessed to have lived long enough to be Flirting with Forty. There are many who did not have the privilege of reaching their fortieth birthday. I will continue to celebrate the blessings in my life. The next 40 years, I am not going to let the important things pass by like, calling family, forgiving an enemy; I plan to chart a new course for the next 40 birthdays!

This LO is more blue than gray but I can't seem to get the blue to translate to the photo. I started with the design in my Gypsy then cut the masking items from my Cricut. The flowers are a combination of Prima Flowers and my own made vellum flowers stamped with Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks.

No comments:

Post a Comment