Monday, April 18, 2011

Scraps of Darkness Foundation Kit

A photo of me and my hubby.

This is photo of my hubby when he was about 10 years old. He is standing next to his mother. They both have had to live with scars throughout their lives. It just amazing me how some of us have to fall by the wayside and others of us sail through life's troubles. For years because of all the scars my hubby and his mother's relationship was broken. Their relationship has improved over the past several years but their relationship is still not like the bond I have with my parents. My hubby and I were raised so different... I wish I could just step back in their time in this photo and pull them from this photo so they did not have go through the hell of the next 10 years. They both look so happy in this photo before all of life's tragedies hit their family and their normal became the "new normal"

This is a photo of my hubby. I am still amazed after all these years, how he still takes my breath away when I see him across a crowded room. Whenever I see him, time just stops.


This is a photo of my paternal great-grandfather on the left and his best friend on the right. I think this is a pretty amazing photo and pretty progressive for the time. My great- grandfather was American Indian and African American...a long story on how that mixture took place and I am grateful to have all the details passed down to my generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment